More business travelers are choosing to travel by rail in the U.K.
July 22, 2011
Trains can be a less expensive way to travel throughout the U.K. than flying or driving, if booked in advance. The mode of transportation is growing more popular mainly because it's less stressful, according to the Enhanced Online News. Travelers can avoid the hassle of airport security, and train stations are usually located right in cities and towns, making it easier to get to a hotel or business meeting.
A calling card can help a businessperson stay in touch with family and coworkers while riding the rails. The trip may take a bit longer, but this can be a good time for a weary traveler to relax and enjoy the scenic route.
Many locomotive services offer onboard Wi-Fi and power outlets, according to National Rail Inquiries. This allows people who are traveling for work can stay on top of their email and put last minute touches on presentations. Business tickets, which can include parking, meals and subway travel, are also often available.
Traveling by rail can be a welcome change for individuals who spend a lot of time on the road or in the air. International business travelers can take trains to mix things up after long flights from other countries.
You Might Also Like...
- Travelers want more health options in hotels
- Survey reveals being away from loved ones is hardest for most business travelers
- New Brunswick rises as a travel destination for domestic businessmen and women
- Business travelers can take mini vacations to mix things up
- American Express Global Business Travel offers lots to see and do at summer convention