Sean Penn to speak at the GBTA 2011 Convention this August
August 1, 2011
The Global Business Travel Association will hold its annual convention in Denver this August, and Sean Penn will be one of the featured speakers at this year's events. The award-winning actor leads a double life as a humanitarian, and he was at the front lines in New Orleans and Haiti following recent natural disasters to help out.
"We are thrilled to announce Sean as the newest speaker for the 2011 Convention, his achievements and versatility are examples of the importance of adaptability and strong will to be successful in all walks of life," said Michael McCormick, the executive director and COO of GBTA. "Our membership will benefit from hearing from him."
The GBTA 2011 Convention will also welcome former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, former eBay chief executive Meg Whitman and executives from several airlines and hotels to speak to event guests. Representatives from more than 4,000 travel management and service providers will attend the four-day event to learn about new travel technology, trends in the industry and sourcing strategies.
More than 6,000 businessmen and women will travel to attend the GBTA Convention, and they can use phone cards to stay in touch with their friends and family while they are in Colorado.
You Might Also Like...
- American Express Global Business Travel offers lots to see and do at summer convention
- Handwashing in your hotel can save money and time
- New Brunswick rises as a travel destination for domestic businessmen and women
- Currency exchanging tips for international travelers
- Travel management companies may inhibit growth of business travel unless they shape up