Sites like TripAdvisor help people get the most out of their trips
July 29, 2011
TripAdvisor recently reached the 50 million review mark, and the company couldn't be more thrilled with their success. The website, which was started in 2000, provides travelers with information about hotels, flights, restaurants, cruises, car rentals and things to do for popular destinations all over the world.
"When we first launched TripAdvisor, we knew there would be an appetite among travelers for honest reviews written by real people," said Steve Kaufer, the founder and CEO of the company. "Eleven years later, we are tremendously proud to have reached 50 million reviews and opinions which help over 40 million travelers a month around the world plan and experience the perfect trip."
Regardless of whether you are traveling for business, pleasure or school, you can use TripAdvisor and other, similar sites to research your destination and find fun things to do in your free time. You can call your friends and family back home to tell them about all the cool things you're up to with an international phone card.
TripAdvisor can also help you find the best restaurants and avoid places that might be too expensive or just plain awful - nothing's worse than a bad meal when you're far from home.
You Might Also Like...
- Handwashing in your hotel can save money and time
- Airport security will soon become more passenger-friendly
- American Express Global Business Travel offers lots to see and do at summer convention
- Recent survey shows Chinese executives travel more than other Asia Pacific workers
- Frequent fliers may soon be saved some airport security hassle