Emma Watson plans to study abroad this fall
July 25, 2011
Emma Watson, famous for her role as Hermoine Granger in the Harry Potter movie series, was attending Brown University, but recently announced plans to study abroad. Rumors had been circulating that Watson was leaving Brown University permanently, but the actress stated that she only wanted to study something that is not offered at the Rhode Island school, according to the Mirror.
"I'm going to Oxford in the fall to study English for a year," the actress told ABC Action News. "I'm still enrolled at Brown, but I'm doing my third year abroad to study - at home."
For most students who want to study abroad, their destinations will not be as familiar as in Watson's case. The U.S. Department of State recommends that students who are considering educational pursuits in foreign countries should first research their destination to get a general idea of the local culture and laws.
Once abroad, some students may feel homesick and want nothing more than to hear their loved ones' voices. International calling cards can help them stay in touch with friends and family.
You Might Also Like...
- Traveling to China to learn the language may be more affordable with AmeriSpan's new discount
- Studying abroad can be a great opportunity to learn about another culture
- Beijing concert to benefit Chinese-American relations to feature will.i.am
- More Asian parents choose to send their kids to study in Canada as Australia reexamines visa policies
- Studying abroad can enhance a resume