Three must-sees in New York City over the holidays
December 21, 2012
When it comes to traveling to the Big Apple, the holiday season is one of the most beautiful times of year for New York City. Those who are spending the last week in December in the city this year may want to stop in a few of the must-see places. Even though the city is massive, you can still catch the best places to get you in the holiday spirit.
1. Rockefeller Christmas tree
This iconic tree is worth seeing, even though you will have to battle through a few crowds. This magnificent tree with 30,000 LED bulbs is up until January 7, so travelers can check it out even if they visit NYC after Christmas.
2. Radio City Christmas Spectacular
One way to get in the holiday spirit is to purchase Radio City Christmas Spectacular tickets. This amazing show is worth the ticket price, which ranges from $90 to $126. If you would rather save your pennies for another endeavor, you can simply go window shopping at some of the biggest stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's and Bloomingdale's. These amazing displays are worth checking out.
3. Times Square for the New Year
Just as millions have done over the years, Times Square is where you want to be when the ball drops. This star-studded event is complete with music and dazzling lights, and is one of the biggest parties to ring in 2013.
If you are traveling for the holidays, remember to pack light, bring your calling cards to check up at home and prepare yourself for crowds. The holiday season is the busiest time to travel and if you are ready, it will be that much easier.
You Might Also Like...
- Mexico steps back during U.S. discussion of immigration reformÂ
- Nelson Mandela has a lung infection, being treated by military doctors
- Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television hosts its inaugural Screen Week
- Montreal restaurant owners upset with new policies
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth travel to OttawaÂ