Italy tops America's travel wish list for 2013
December 28, 2012
The new year is only days away, and as many people start to work on their resolutions for the upcoming year, some are including traveling to this list. Fly.com, an airfare search engine, recently announced the top 10 countries in which Americans would like to visit in 2013.
The winner among Americans was Italy, which received an overwhelming number of votes over any other country in Europe. Italy received twice the amount of respondents over individuals choosing France or the United Kingdom combined. Closely behind Italy was Australia, whereas New Zealand took third. France and the United Kingdom tied for fourth to round out the top five destinations
The rest of the top 10 included the United States, Ireland, Spain, Fiji and South Africa. Even though no Asian countries ranked in the top 10, India was the one to take the top spot in that region.
"It is no surprise that Italy is at the top of America's wish list for 2013," said Warren Chang, vice president and general manager, Fly.com. "The destination conjures up images of romance, history and some of the finest food and wine in the world. However, as with any worthy new year's resolution, we recommend acting on the intention right away. Booking flights well in advance can help travelers save a fortune. Being flexible is also key."
Those who are considering traveling internationally may want to bring along calling cards. This way, they are able to call home or the office whenever they want, and they do not have to worry about huge charges.
You Might Also Like...
- Russian asteroid crater full of diamonds
- Environmental activist to sail 8,000 miles to raise awareness for dolphin protection
- Surfers from around the world will hang ten in South Africa's biggest surfing competition
- Report shows majority Chinese women exposed to secondhand smoke
- Business travelers who are making their way across the subcontinent of India have numerous options when it comes time to travel from town to town.