Team Summit drivers are heading overseas to entertain U.S. troops
October 28, 2011
A handful of professional racecar drivers will be heading to Germany next month to entertain some American troops at the Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany. Team Summit drivers, including Rickie Jones and Dan Runte, have gone overseas to visit soldiers for the past six years to raise spirits, hand out goodies and get to know the men and women serving their country.
"I'm excited to be going back to Germany, and especially excited that Greg [Anderson] is going with us this year," Jason Line, an NHRA ProStock driver, told InsideTrack News. "This will be my third time, and it's just a great trip - you feel like you've done something good."
The drivers will hand out five pallets worth of hats, t-shirts, SpikeTV DVDs and other swag. The trip is sponsored by Armed Forces Entertainment, which has been providing entertainment to the troops since World War II. These shows and events are designed to give overseas soldiers a taste of home, but nothing is more comforting than the sound of a loved ones voice. Families of troops can use international phone cards to make calls to Germany to hear all about meeting some of the famous figureheads of the racing world.
You Might Also Like...
- Corruption discovered in Chinese pharmaceutical industry
- World's largest floating Christmas tree lights up the sky over Rio de Janeiro
- Calling cards can make great gifts for travelers on your list
- Japanese "ghost ship" appears off Canadian coast
- Investigators link political party to fraudulent calls from last elections