JukeBox releases first album after winning Star Quest 2010
October 27, 2011
JukeBox, the band that won the 2010 edition of Star Quest, recently released their first album. To celebrate the new album, a launch party was held at The Place in Lagos and many celebrities and dignitaries were in attendance, according to PM News Nigeria.
Kenny Ogungbe, the CEO of Kennis Music, the label that produced JukeBox's album, spoke to the event guests to publicly commend the band for their hard work and dedication after they won the only Nigerian talent competition that seeks bands specifically. He also said that their contract would be renewed with the label.
The six-piece band got a chance to play some of the songs from their new record, and there's no doubt that Joshua Itietie displayed the rap skills that helped the group win the Star Quest competition last year, The News Africa reported. He, along with Agunpopo Josephine Olamide, Wilson Emeka - the lead vocalist, keyboardist Epanty Gregory, bassist Asindi Sam and band leader Egbosa Frank, who plays the drums, was excited to win the competition, so the album release party must have been even more rewarding.
You Might Also Like...
- Canadian officials halt terror plot
- Philippines court stops mall construction in favor of trees
- Staying in touch with families is important for traveling workers, study shows
- Nigerian Olympic medalist Sunday Bada dies at age 42
- Business travelers who are making their way across the subcontinent of India have numerous options when it comes time to travel from town to town.