Rates and Charges
AT&T Pre Paid Phone Service calls will be rated as described below:
AT&T Pre Paid Phone Card price points are established by AT&T for cards sold or recharged directly by AT&T. AT&T Pre Paid Phone Card price points are established by the retailer for cards sold or recharged directly by the retailer. Prices for the cards sold by retailers are prominently displayed on the card or otherwise clearly provided to the customer. Prices for cards sold directly by AT&T are fully disclosed to customers prior to and at the time of sale. The prices do not include any sales tax and may not include other fees and charges that may apply to the transaction at point of purchase.
1. Minute/Unit based AT&T Pre Paid Phone Cards are available in various denominations up to 1200 state-to-state minutes/units per card, or as otherwise specified by AT&T. Dollar based AT&T Pre Paid Phone Cards are available in various denominations up to $100.00, or as otherwise specified by AT&T. Minute/Unit based and Dollar based cards, as well as recharged minutes or dollar value of service, will have a maximum per minute state-to-state price not greater than 25¢ unless purchased from a vending machine or at a terminal or transportation center, in which case the maximum per minute state-to-state price will not be greater than 99¢. AT&T Pre Paid Phone Cards may have an expiration date, as disclosed on the card and/or in the marketing material. AT&T Pre Paid Phone Cards may be rechargeable as disclosed on the card and/or in the marketing material. If rechargeable, a recharge convenience fee of up to a maximum of 15% of the recharge amount applies.
- Minute/Unit based and Dollar based AT&T Pre Paid Phone Card balances, as well as recharged minutes or dollar value of service, will be reduced as noted below.
- State-to-state calls originating and terminating in the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and CNMI will be reduced by one minute/unit for each minute of talk time.
- When stated on the card and/or packaging provided therewith, or when the customer is notified at the time a card or recharged minutes or recharged dollar value of service is purchased, calls originating and terminating within the same state will be reduced as follows (otherwise, card balance for in-state calls will be decremented one minute/unit of each minute of talk time):
- Eight units for each minute of talk time for the following states: Missouri, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
- Five units for each minute of talk time for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.
- Three units for each minute of talk time for the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- One unit for each minute of talk time for the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Washington DC.
2. Directory Assistance is available only through the AT&T Pre Paid Phone Service platform and is only available for domestic directory assistance requests. Directory assistance requests will have a maximum charge of not greater than 40 minutes/units for Minute/Unit based cards or $5.00 for Dollar based cards per request. An announcement will provide the charge for directory assistance prior to connecting the call.
3. A Public Payphone Surcharge applies when an AT&T Pre Paid Phone Card is used to place a call from a U.S. public or semi-public payphone.