Matthew McConaughey proposes to Brazilian model girlfriend on Christmas
December 29, 2011
American actor Matthew McConaughey proposed to his longtime girlfriend Camila Alves on Sunday. The Brazilian model and TV personality accepted his Christmas proposal, and McConaughey broadcast the good news on his WhoSay blog with a picture of the couple sharing a kiss in front of their holiday tree.
Newsday reports that the pair have been together since 2006 and have two children, three-year-old son Levi and two-year-old daughter Vida. No doubt the couple will have to make calls to Brazil to share the good news with Alves' family and friends back home.
McConaughey has played the leading man in many popular Hollywood movies, he even starred alongside actress Jennifer Lopez in The Wedding Planner a decade ago.
The couple met in a Los Angeles bar in 2006 and have been together ever since. One source who is close to McConaughey told People magazine back in 2007 that "everyone is convinced he'll be with her for a long time, if not forever." The prediction was pretty accurate as the couple will soon tie the knot in what will likely be one of the more highly-anticipated weddings of the year.
You Might Also Like...
- Efforts to save endangered monkey in Brazil now focuses on forest
- China and Brazil reach deal on currency exchange
- Brazil displeased over being monitored in uncovered NSA operations
- Students of the Americas ready to compete in super-mileage engineering competition
- Brazil to face Portugal in U-20 World Cup finals on Saturday