Rocky: The Musical comes to Germany
November 30, 2011
Sylvester Stallone is once again revisiting his Rocky days, but the most recent production of the boxer's story will not be coming to the silver screen any time soon. The actor is co-producing Rocky: The Musical, the stage adaptation of his original 1976 hit movie, according to the BBC News. He is teaming up with Ukranian boxing stars and brothers Vladimir and Vitali Klitschko to bring the movie to the stage.
"Seeing Sylvester Stallone in Rocky when we were kids actually was the reason for us to start boxing in the first place," Vladimir told the news source.
The musical is set to open in Hamburg, Germany, in November 2012. Fans of Rocky Balboa can use international phone cards to make calls to Germany and ask their friends if they've spotted the famous American actor.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the musical will stay true to the film. Songs from the movie will be used for the stage show, including "Eye of the Tiger" and Gonna Fly Now."
You Might Also Like...
- Future cars are creating a stir at the Frankfurt International Motor Show
- Germany undefeated so far in 2012 European Championship qualifiers
- Maritime conservationist arrested in Germany on decade-old warrant
- MTV European Music Awards bring celebrities to Germany
- Refugees make their way across Germany