International Clown Convention invades Mexico City
October 18, 2011
The sound of laughter is filling the streets of Mexico City, which is hosting the 16th annual International Clown Convention. The Metro reports that approximately 500 costumed clowns from across the globe will attend the meeting. They will not only trade magic secrets and juggling tips, but also discuss how to make the world take their line of work more seriously, as the news source reports that clowns are typically underpaid, performing on the street for small amounts of money.
The serious business is just a small part of the events. Last year, 700 clowns attempted to break the world laugh record, but only succeeded in breaking Mexico's national record by laughing for 15 minutes, according to MyFox DC. They will likely go for the world record again this year.
Anyone who wants to warn their friends who might have coulrophobia about the colorful infiltration can use an international phone card to make calls to Mexico to friends and family about the unusual international guests.
You Might Also Like...
- Mexican drug gang kingpin detained in Ciudad Juarez
- Bird flu epidemic in Mexico is contained, officials say
- Mexico breaks its own world record for most telescopes pointed at the moon
- U.S. soccer beats Mexico on its own soil for the first time
- Rumors of suicides wake Mexican people up to severity of droughts in Chihuahua mountains