Spain's Queen Sofia will visit the Philippines in July
June 28, 2012
The Philippines are getting ready to entertain a royal guest - Queen Sofia of Spain will be visiting the Pacific Island nation in early July. The Spanish government loaned money to the Philippine government last year and the Queen will spend four days taking a look at how the funds have been used.
"The Queen is due to arrive in Manila on July 2 to personally inspect various development cooperation projects that are being implemented with funding assistance from the Spanish government through its development cooperation agency, Agencia Espanola de Cooperacion Internacional para el Desarollo or AECID," the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs said in a statement, according to the Manila Bulletin.
After traveling around the world, Queen Sofia will tour the nation to visit various AECID-assisted projects, the National Library, the National Museum and the University of Santo Tomas, the Philippine Star reports. She will also meet with President Benigno Aquino III in Malacanan, which is to precede a banquet in her honor.
You Might Also Like...
- Typhoon Bopha hits Philippines hard
- Final season of Survivor will take place in the Philippines
- Philippine golfer ends six-year no-win streak at Philippine Open
- Filipino transportation secretary retires to spend more time with family
- Philippine charity groups attempt to break world record for longest line of coins