Nigeria will take on UK Arsenal Football Club in August friendly
June 27, 2012
Nigeria's Super Eagles will soon be facing the Arsenal Gunners in the first game the English team has played in Africa since they toured South Africa in 1993, according to The Daily Mail. The pre-season exhibition game will take place on August 5, and the British club is excited to return to Africa where it has many fans. The Arsenal Football Club and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have agreed to both bring their best game to the field to give fans an exciting show.
"We are delighted to announce that Arsenal Football Club will face the Super Eagles of Nigeria in Abuja," said DanJanSports promoter David Omigie. "The NFF have agreed that the country will present a strong side as coach Stephen Keshi continues his development process. The Arsenal manager [Arsene Wenger] will also use this game to showcase his full squad for the 2012/2013 football season."
The Arsenal website states the club's game against Nigeria will be the final preseason game following tours in China and Malaysia. Those who want to find out more about the upcoming match can make calls to Nigeria with international phone cards.
You Might Also Like...
- Nigeria rebukes proposed British visa bond
- Baba Suwe detained for suspicion of drug smuggling at airport, judge rules in his favor
- Suspected Boko Haram bomber arrested in Abuja but escapes
- Nigerian Olympic medalist Sunday Bada dies at age 42
- Nigeria's Lagos Black Heritage Festival features poets and colorful parade