Many American couples get married in Mexico
May 22, 2012
Mexico is one of the top wedding destinations for American couples who want to get hitched outside the U.S. In fact, 24 percent of American weddings take place in Mexico each year, according to the Mexico Tourism Board. This year, the agency held two events in Dallas and New York City to showcase what the nation has to offer to couples looking to celebrate their marriage internationally - from hotels and resorts to wedding suppliers and planners.
"We were delighted with the response to this year's Love Mexico events - all of the vendors and buyers that I spoke to had great feedback," said Eduardo Chaillo, executive meetings unit director for the Mexico Tourism Board. "With its combination of natural beauty, rich culture, world-class hotels and resorts and outstanding service, Mexico is the ultimate destination for weddings, honeymoons and romantic getaways. As the destination weddings market grows and changes, Mexico will continue to develop its offering."
Couples who choose to go abroad to tie the knot may not be able to bring the whole family with them, but their loved ones can make calls to Mexico with international phone cards to congratulate the happy couples.
You Might Also Like...
- Students of the Americas ready to compete in super-mileage engineeringÂ competition
- Mexico's Occupy movement is small, new evidence of Carlos Slim's corruption may change that
- "Survivor" producer awaits trial in Mexico for wife's murder
- Vasquez loses ground in Mexico's presidential race
- Mexico breaks its own world record for most telescopes pointed at the moon