Iron Man 3 to be filmed in China as well as U.S.
April 17, 2012
The popular Iron Man movie franchise is looking to China for support in the filming of the third installment in the series, Iron Man 3. The AFP reports the Walt Disney Co. is partnering with Chinese DMG Entertainment, to film part of the new movie in China. The film series, starring Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark and Gwyneth Paltrow as his faithful sidekick and lover, Pepper Potts, has been successful in its first two movies.
"We look forward to working alongside DMG to bring Iron Man to the Chinese marketplace in a significant way," said Rob Steffens of Marvel Studios. "We are confident that Marvel's stories will continue to be enjoyed by Chinese audiences, and adding a local flavor and working with our new local partner will enhance the appeal and relevance of our characters in China's fast-growing film marketplace."
Filming of Iron Man 3 is expected to begin next month, and the producers and other executive members of the film crew are hoping to find success introducing the American superhero to the Chinese market.
You Might Also Like...
- Largest feathered dinosaur fossils discovered in China
- Poltical leader forced to step down in scandal aftermath
- A child is hit by a car in the street and 18 people ignore her cries for help
- Ai Wewei's Newsweek article censored by Chinese government
- Fight causes China manufacturing company to shut down