"Zombies" attack runners in the Philippines
April 16, 2012
Over the weekend, thousands of people gathered in the Laguna Province of the Philippines to race in a 5k run. While running a 5k may not seem entirely uncommon, this race was a bit more frightening than most. Reuters reports the racers were running not only to the finish line but from hordes of zombies. People dressed as the undead hid along the race route and jumped out to scare runners and grab the flags they wore.
This race is based on the Run for Your Lives 5k that has been sweeping the U.S., and the Philippines' event saw more than 5,000 people turn out to run for their lives. The race is not just about running either. Each runner was given three flags to attach to their waistbands. If they made it to the finish line with at least one flag, they were deemed survivors. There were also optional tasks with prizes along the way.
Those who want to find out more about the zombie run or share their own experiences with U.S.-based zombie survival runs can make calls to the Philippines and talk to their friends about the events.
You Might Also Like...
- Philippines tax investigators seek information from Manny Paquiao
- Philippine charity groups attempt to break world record for longest line of coins
- Homemade light bulbs provide free source of solar-powered light in the Philippines
- Glee star Charice Pempengco loses father in tragic murder
- Spain's Queen Sofia will visit the Philippines in July