LeBron James to promote Dunkin Donuts in China
March 5, 2012
NBA star LeBron James recently signed on as the new spokesman for Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins in Asia. The Miami Heat forward will promote the brand by making personal appearances in China, India, Taiwan and South Korea among other Asian nations after basketball season comes to a close in June, according to The Washington Post.
Those who plan to be out of the country this summer for work or school can use international phone cards to make calls to China and find out if their friends have caught a glimpse of the basketball star. They can also find out how Dunkin' Donuts' new line of pork-flavored donuts taste.
Reuters reports the company only has about 150 stores in China so far, but they are working to offer foods that will do well in the Asian market. Currently, the company is testing the possibility of offering pork donuts in the country.
"Donuts are a very flexible product. You can do savory donuts, you can do donuts with shredded pork - that's in China," Dunkin' Brand CEO Nigel Travis told the news source. "We also have a range of other savory products that we have been testing and introducing country by country."
You Might Also Like...
- Chinese education officials canned after speculation of stealing from lunch program
- President Obama targets China in State of the Union address
- Fight causes China manufacturing company to shut down
- Chinese tightrope walkers break record
- China will help oversee the development of Arctic energy resources