Katy Perry's Philippines show postponed following bomb scare
March 2, 2012
American pop icon Katy Perry was supposed to perform a show in Manila recently, but the performance was postponed. A suspicious bag had been left backstage at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds where Katy was set to entertain her fans, according to StarPulse.com. Police arrived to investigate while Perry was rushed from the building
"You know the bomb-sniffing dogs? They were everywhere. They started sniffing out this backpack that was near my dressing room," Perry told Interview magazine. "Well they had to put me in the armored car, and I think I started crying at one point because I was just so overwhelmed."
She then revealed that the reason the dogs were so drawn to the backpack was because it contained a chicken. This was the final show of Perry's California Dreams tour in the Philippines.
Fans of the pop diva can find out more about the incident and the delayed show by calling the Philippines with international phone cards.
You Might Also Like...
- Shipping company sues Manny Pacquiao's charity group for nonpayment
- Authorities unsure of what to do with giant crocodile
- Mayweather challenges Pacquiao to another fight on Twitter
- Environmental activist to sail 8,000 miles to raise awareness for dolphin protection
- Moderate earthquake causes panic in the Philippines