Nigeria Eagles to take on Rwanda Wasps for 2013 Nations Cup qualifier
February 24, 2012
Nigeria football fans are getting ready to cheer for their national team, the Eagles, in the first 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against the Rwanda Wasps next week. The Daily Trust reports that the Eagles just got the new Adidas balls that will be used in the match and have been practicing with them to make sure they're ready for next week's game.
"What we need from Nigerians is support and prayers," Eagles striker Izu Azuka told the news source. "We have trained hard enough and we are certain that victory will surely come when we take on our opponents next week."
The match will take place on February 29 in Rwanda. An unexpected reconstruction project at the Amahoro Stadium in Kigali has forced the Federation Rwandaise de Football Association to make a last minute venue change, according to This Day. The Eagles have only played in Rwanda once before - a 2006 World Cup qualifying game which ended in a 1-1 draw.
You Might Also Like...
- Nigeria Eagles to take on Rwanda Wasps for 2013 Nations Cup qualifier
- Shell may have grossly underestimated the 2008 oil spill in Nigeria
- Nigeria will take on UK Arsenal Football Club in August friendly
- Nigeria triumphs over South Africa in Nelson Mandela Challenge match
- Cameroon, Nigeria work together over border issues