Bebeto and Ronaldo to work on the Word Cup organizational committee
February 17, 2012
Brazil has been chosen to host the 2014 World Cup, and preparations for the event are already well underway. The most recent move was to bring on former striker Bebeto to take charge of the Local Organizing Committee, along with Brazilian Football Confederation president Ricardo Teixeira and fellow football legend Ronaldo, the AFP reports.
"I have never had the joy of playing in a World Cup in my own country but now I will as a fan, as a representative," Bebeto told the Buenos Aires Herald. "So we have to do everything possible in order to have a great World Cup, one of the greatest World Cups in history."
Bebeto played in the World Cup in 1994, and led Brazil to victory, and has been retired from the playing field since 2002. Calling Brazil with international phone cards is a great way for football fans who are working or studying outside the country to find out the latest goings-on as the South American nation prepares for the 2014 World Cup.
You Might Also Like...
- Brazil's leading airlines announce cuts
- UFC fighter Vitor Belfort returns home to Brazil for Saturday's fight
- Google offers Street View shots of Brazil and Mexico
- Brazil will take on Mexico for the Olympic Gold in soccer
- Students of the Americas ready to compete in super-mileage engineering competition