William Shatner announced as host for Canada's JUNO Awards
February 8, 2012
This year's JUNO Awards are starting to shape up, as The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) recently revealed this year's host. William Shatner, arguably one of the most iconic actors of all time, is stepping up to the plate.
"I'm so pleased to be a part of the JUNO Awards," said William Shatner. "To be a part of Canada's entertainment industry is a point of pride."
Shatner may be best known for his role as Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek: The Next Generation, but he has also released a few musical albums and starred in plenty of movies and TV shows.
The CARAS also announced a few musical acts that will be gracing the stage for the April 1st event. Award nominees City and Colour, Feist and deadmau5 will be performing, along with Nickelback, Hedley, and Canadian Music Hall of Fame inductees Blue Rodeo.
You Might Also Like...
- Margaret Thatcher dies at 87
- More Canadians traveling outside of the country
- Survey found half of Canadian business owners looking to throw a holiday party
- Loblaw acquires Canada's biggest pharmacy franchise
- Walmart Canada's Fill the Kettle Day will benefit The Salvation Army in time for the holidays