Philippine government plans for peaceful 2012
January 3, 2012
Political officials have hope that 2012 will be a year of peace for the Philippines. The Mindanao Examiner reports that the nation came a long way in 2011, amidst natural disasters and other issues, and the Aquino administration will work hard to continue on an upward trajectory.
"In the face of trials, we will persevere because the work we do is not just for us, it's for the country," said Secretary Teresita Deles during Monday;'s general assembly in Pasig City, according to the news source. "Maybe one of the things to be grateful for, to have experienced all of the trials and all of the challenges of last year, is that we know exactly what we're facing this year."
Not only will the government focus efforts of reaching peace agreements within the nation and with international allies, but attention will be paid to community service projects and improving the quality of life for many affected by recent conflicts. People who are living or working outside the country can make calls to the Philippines with international calling cards to get updates on the plans throughout 2012.
You Might Also Like...
- Allen and Paterson win 2013Â XTERRA Philippines
- Mayweather challenges Pacquiao to another fight on Twitter
- Guinness World Records proclaim Philippine crocodile largest in the world
- The Philippines hold strong in the first round of the 2011 Homeless World Cup
- New species of owls found in the Philippines