Walmart Canada's Fill the Kettle Day will benefit The Salvation Army in time for the holidays
December 21, 2011
The holidays are a time for giving and Walmart Canada is one of many companies making efforts to raise money for those in need. The company will host a charity event, Fill the Kettle Day, on Thursday, December 22, and the Canada Free Press reports that Walmart Canada promises to match up to $100,000 of donations to The Salvation Army.
"Walmart Canada continues to focus its efforts on helping families in need," John Lawrence, the director of corporate social responsibility for the company, told the news source. "This is the second year that we are able to host out Walmart Fill the Kettle Day, and we trust that generous Canadians will respond as we strive to help The Salvation Army meet its fundraising goals."
You Might Also Like...
- U.S. and Canada may see new international bridge between Ottawa and Michigan
- Canadian well-being advocacy groups stress important of toddler playtime
- Air Canada talks new low-cost carrier to be launched in June
- Japanese "ghost ship" appears off Canadian coast
- Canada chooses figure skater Patrick Chan as best athlete of 2011