CTV names ETALK best entertainment news program in Canada
November 30, 2011
ETALK has been on the air since 2001, and CTV recently announced that its current season is the most-watched since the show first aired. Not only did season 10 of the entertainment news program have an average audience of more than 600,000 viewers, but it also beat out Entertainment Tonight. ETALK had 12 percent more viewership than the American program and trumped Entertainment Tonight Canada by 70 percent.
"For nine seasons, ETALK has been Canada's most-watched, most-trusted entertainment news program," said Ashley Spegel, an MSN Canada reporter. "And its cheeky and engaging reporting style has changed the way viewers look at the bigwigs in Hollywood North."
In honor of the accomplishment, the broadcasting company will be airing a one-hour special on December 19 to revisit some of the show's best moments - "ETALK presents: 10 years of stars, scandals and life on the red carpet."
Canadians who enjoy the show but will be out of the country for work or school can use international calling cards to make calls to Canada and talk to their friends about the special episode and their own favorite moments in entertainment news.
You Might Also Like...
- Canadian government makes efforts to protects digital property
- President of Israel makes symbolic trip to Canada to discuss trade and security
- American fugitive arrested in Canada on Wednesday
- Canada sees crime rates fall to lowest levels in 40 years
- Survey shows Canadians spending more on back-to-school shopping