Clyde Drexler and NBA dance teams visit the Philippines
October 19, 2011
The National Basketball Association may be in a lockout with its players, but that doesn't mean that all basketball events have been suspended. A few weeks ago, the first-ever NBA Madness Team Spirit School Tour was held in Manila.
While active players were not involved, the event did feature NBA legend Clyde Drexler, who was voted into the NBA Hall of Fame in 2004 and was named one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history in 1996. Drexler played on the gold-winning 1992 Olympic 'Dream Team' and won an NBA championship with the Houston Rockets in 1995. Fans who attended the event were given the chance to play against the living legend.
Also in attendance were the dance teams for the Orlando Magic and the Portland Trail Blazers. They performed their routines and held dance clinics for Filipino college dance teams.
"I had a wonderful time living life as a Filipina for a week," Tara, one of the Magic dancers, wrote on her team's official website.
Basketball fans can make calls to the Philippines with phone cards to hear about their friends' experiences at the event.
You Might Also Like...
- Allen and Paterson win 2013Â XTERRA Philippines
- Philippines tax investigators seek information from Manny Paquiao
- United Nations turns trash into energy in the Philippines
- Filipino man transforms himself to look like Superman
- Giant crocodile captured in the Philippines, another still may be on the loose