Filipino man transforms himself to look like Superman
October 13, 2011
Herbert Chavez, a 35-year-old Filipino designer, decided to express his love for Superman in a unique and extreme manner. For the past ten years, Chavez has been getting surgeries to make himself look like his hero, according to TVNZ. He has had multiple facial procedures and even got injections to lighten his skin so he more closely resembled the character he adores.
"Superman is my idol," Chavez told TVNZ. "That's why I copied his nose and the proportion of Superman's face."
Chavez had work done on his chin to give it the clefted look of the iconic hero he has admired since he was a young boy growing up in Calamba, Laguna. The Philippine Star reports that Chavez latched onto the superhero and immediately began to collect any and all Superman memorabilia he could get his hands on. Now, when he is not designing dresses and training pageant hopefuls, Chavez dons a self-designed Superman costume and parades around his town, where locals appreciate his presence. TNVZ reports that parents in his neighborhood don't mind their eccentric neighbor because he entertains the children and teaches them good lessons.
People can make calls to the Philippines with phone cards to talk to their friends about Superman's superfan.
You Might Also Like...
- The Philippines' Mount Mayon spews ash and rocks into the sky
- Spain's Queen Sofia will visit the Philippines in July
- Make-A-Wish Foundation helps a child travel to the Philippines for Christmas
- Homemade light bulbs provide free source of solar-powered light in the Philippines
- David Beckham plays soccer with kids in the Philippines