Bebe Zahara Benet, Camaroon's premiere drag queen, talks about her projects and family
August 9, 2011
Bebe Zahara Benet was the first winner of RuPaul's Drag Race, and the Camaroon native is now helping women unleash their inner divas as a 'professor' on the new reality show, RuPaul's Drag U. She recently spoke with the Huffington Post about her experiences on the shows and her homeland.
The reality TV actress is also a musician. She has released two singles so far, one of which is aptly named 'Camaroon,' and she has more planned for the future. Bebe's music is clubby, danceable and upbeat.
"I miss the sun setting, beautiful landscapes, nature, the wild-life, sitting around the fire and hearing our elders tell us stories, cultural celebrations, family…should I continue?" Bebe told the news source with a laugh. "I speak to my parents all the time, and to the rest of my family a few times a month."
Staying in touch with family and friends when you're working abroad is important to keep you connected. It also helps you find out what's going on with your loved ones and gives you the opportunity to share your experiences. You can use international phone cards to place calls to Camaroon.
You Might Also Like...
- Bebe Zahara Benet, Camaroon's premiere drag queen, talks about her projects and family
- Cameroon national football team goes on strike
- Two Cameroon politicians detained in connection with Albatross plane scandal
- Amnesty International calls for abolishment of homosexuality laws in Africa
- Lions captain blamed for Cameroon soccer team's strike