Suzann Pettersen becomes World Ladies Golf Champion
March 11, 2013
Suzann Pettersen of Oslo, Norway won the Mission Hills World Ladies Championship Individual Strokeplay competition on March 10. The victory was an extremely close one - in the final round, Pettersen was two shots behind Inbee Park of Korea and pulled ahead to win by a single stroke.
"I know Inbee is in there and if she just gets one look at a putt, it's in, so I had to bring my best and the putter was hot today," said Pettersen.
Pettersen finished at 18-under 270 with second place winner Inbee Park finishing at 3-under 69. This is Pettersen's 16th worldwide tournament victory as well as her sixth Ladies European title.
The tournament took place at Mission Hills Hainan's Vintage Course in Haikou, Hainan, China. In addition to featuring 54-hole individual play, the tournament also included professional team play and individual amateur play. Playing in teams of two, players from 18 countries or regions were invited to participate. Ha-Neul Kim and Inbee Park of Korea won this portion of the tournament with a five stroke victory. Norway and Thailand followed in second and third.
You Might Also Like...
- Chinese consumers slow to adopt electric vehicle technology
- China to surpass U.S. economy by 2030, report shows
- Director James Cameron makes steps to bring 3D technology to China's movie industry
- A child is hit by a car in the street and 18 people ignore her cries for help
- China's foreign minister calls for friendlier relations with the U.S.