Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood travels to Brazil for "end of the world"
December 13, 2012
Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood reportedly traveled to Brazil to wait out the end of the Mayan calendar, according to the Telegraph.
"The reason he's here is to get away," Emmanuel Renegade, owner of the Fazenda Catucaba hotel in Sao Luiz do Paraitinga, told the news source. "Luxury hotels preserve the privacy of the guests. Of course he does not want publicity."
However, when the band's management team was asked, they denied such claims, saying that Greenwood isn't even in the country. The press and the management team have continued to go back and forth about Greenwood's whereabouts. The local press even said that the rest of Radiohead will be joining Greenwood at the hotel.
Greenwood isn't the only one who is possibly concerned with the Mayan calendar ending, Lil Wayne and Mel Gibson have also voiced their fears, the media outlet reports.
You Might Also Like...
- Brazilian comedy group gears up for World Cup with funny take on the event
- World's largest floating Christmas tree lights up the sky over Rio de Janeiro
- FIFA has doubts Brazil will be ready for World Cup
- Brazil almost loses a gold medal on a technicality at Pan Am Games
- More than 500 dead penguins on Brazilian shores worry biologists