Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood travels to Brazil for "end of the world"
December 13, 2012
Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood reportedly traveled to Brazil to wait out the end of the Mayan calendar, according to the Telegraph.
"The reason he's here is to get away," Emmanuel Renegade, owner of the Fazenda Catucaba hotel in Sao Luiz do Paraitinga, told the news source. "Luxury hotels preserve the privacy of the guests. Of course he does not want publicity."
However, when the band's management team was asked, they denied such claims, saying that Greenwood isn't even in the country. The press and the management team have continued to go back and forth about Greenwood's whereabouts. The local press even said that the rest of Radiohead will be joining Greenwood at the hotel.
Greenwood isn't the only one who is possibly concerned with the Mayan calendar ending, Lil Wayne and Mel Gibson have also voiced their fears, the media outlet reports.
You Might Also Like...
- Brazilian and Canadian leaders sign new trade agreements to strengthen international business
- Brazil to rebuild Antarctica base after fire
- Bebeto and Ronaldo to work on the Word Cup organizational committee
- Brazilian beachgoers save stranded dolphin pod
- Mexico and Brazil move ahead in Global Leadership Study