Dennis Rodman meets father briefly in the Philippines
July 20, 2012
International basketball star Dennis Rodman recently met with his estranged father at a bar in Manila. According to The Associated Press, Dennis and his father, Philander Rodman Jr., have not spoken or seen each other in 42 years, but when the former NBA player was in the Philippines for an exhibition game with an NBA alumni team, he agreed to meet his dad.
Philander, who has been living in the Philippines for the past 50 years, had tried unsuccessfully to meet his son in 2006 when he was there for another game but Dennis declined his request. He told the news source he wanted to tell his son he didn't abandon his family when Dennis was only 3 years old, but the meeting only lasted about three minutes. Yahoo! Sports states Dennis left his sunglasses on for the entirely of their meeting, but handshakes, phone numbers and promises to stay in touch were exchanged.
Rodman's father was also present at the basketball game - the sports star took a moment at the end of the game to point out his dad in the crowd.
You Might Also Like...
- World's seven billionth member born in the Philippines on Halloween
- New species of owls found in the Philippines
- Final season of Survivor will take place in the Philippines
- Philippine charity groups attempt to break world record for longest line of coins
- Pacquiao may run for president of Philippines