Mexico and Colombia go head-to-head at friendly football game in Miami tonight
February 29, 2012
An upcoming exhibition match between the Mexican and Colombian national football teams has sports fans on the edge of their seats. Even though it is a friendly game, the Miami Herald reports that as many as 40,000 fans will flood the Sun Life Stadium in Miami for tonight's match.
Mexico's national team consists of many players, such as Hector Moreno and Gio Dos Santos, who are currently playing with European league teams. With such a strong team, ESPN reports fans can expect an exciting game. Colombian striker Radamet Falcao Garcia is the team's third-leading scorer and could be the biggest challenger Mexico will face on the field.
Those lucky enough to go to the game can make calls to Mexico and Colombia with international calling cards after the match to give their friends the play-by-play. They might also want to keep their eyes peeled to catch a glimpse of the many celebrities planning to attend the game, including Diego Luna and Will Ferrell.
You Might Also Like...
- Mexico City zombie walk may have broken current record
- Earthquake hits Mexico City but causes no significant damage
- Mexico's Occupy movement is small, new evidence of Carlos Slim's corruption may change that
- Canada among the happiest countries in the world
- Mexico's presidential election will be recounted