Mayweather challenges Pacquiao to another fight on Twitter
January 12, 2012
Floyd Mayweather recently challenged Manny Pacquiao to yet another fight. The pair have duked it out three times already, and Philippine-born Pacquiao has come pretty close to taking the victory. Now that Mayweather has extended an invitation fight a fourth time, Pac-Man might finally get the chance to take down the undefeated American, according to BBC News.
"Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see," read Mayweather's tweet.
The American fighter tweeted the proposition earlier this week, but Pacquiao's camp is hesitant to set up a bout until a larger venue is available, according to CBS News. They are holding out for a date later in May with the hopes that a larger audience will equal a larger pay out for the fighter and his people.
"Why would I tell Manny to fight on the fifth and throw away a percentage of $30 million? That's crazy," Pac-Man's financial advisor Michael Koncz told CBS News.
Pacquiao fans can make calls to the Philippines to talk to their friends about the possibility of a fourth meeting of two of the world's greatest fighters.
You Might Also Like...
- David Beckham plays soccer with kids in the Philippines
- Philippines rocked by massive earthquake
- Filipino man transforms himself to look like Superman
- Jessica Sanchez could be first Filipino-American to win American Idol
- Homemade light bulbs provide free source of solar-powered light in the Philippines