Glee star Charice Pempengco loses father in tragic murder
November 1, 2011
Glee cast member and singer Charice Pempengco's father was recently killed in a small town south of Manila. The Associated Press reports that he accidentally bumped into an intoxicated man at a small grocery store in San Pedro, which incensed the drunk. He stabbed 40-year-old Ricky Pempengco with an ice pick and killed him.
While police are conducting a manhunt to track down Ricky's killer, Charice will be returning to the Philippines to be with her family during this tragic time. She apologized to her fans on Twitter for having to back out of the David Foster and Friends concert in Singapore this week, according to E! News Online.
People can make calls to the Philippines to talk to their friends about the tragedy and the rumors that have sprouted up concerning Charice's rocky relationship with her late father.
ABS-CBN News reports that Charice's aunt made a comment that insinuated the singer had disowned her father, but Charice took to Twitter to lay that rumor to rest. She admitted that things were not perfect, but that she would never have disowned her own dad, but these tweets have since been deleted from the site, according to the news source.
You Might Also Like...
- Allen and Paterson win 2013 XTERRA Philippines
- A number of rare turtles return to the Philippines from China
- Authorities unsure of what to do with giant crocodile
- The Philippines hold strong in the first round of the 2011 Homeless World Cup
- Make-A-Wish Foundation helps a child travel to the Philippines for Christmas