Canadian contest seeks new spokesdog with a charitable twist
October 6, 2011
Starting October 6, Fido, a wireless data provider in Canada, will been searching for its next spokesdog. They are opening up the opportunity to all Canadian pet owners to either audition in person or submit videos online for the contest, and they are also using this opportunity to give back to the Canadian community.
"People are passionate about their pets and we want to give Fido fans a fun and unique opportunity to make their dog a star," said Steven Sarfin, the senior director of marketing at Fido. "We also want to encourage Canadians to unleash their votes to help make a difference in our community. Our partnership with Dog Guides Canada will support this great organization's efforts in enriching the lives of Canadians with disabilities."
For every vote, Fido will donate $1 to Dog Guides Canada, with a promise to donate up to $200,000 to the cause. The money will go toward training 10 dogs and placing them with disabled people.
The furry winner of the contest will be flown to Montreal with its owner to be pampered and have its picture taken for a special Fido advertisement.
You Might Also Like...
- Canadian teen takes gold in international skating competition
- New survey shows young Canadians watching web content more than TV
- Canadian government moves to crack down on alleged overuse of public sector sick days
- MoneySense reveals list of Best Places to Live in Canada
- Study finds young Canadians are dealing with excessive stress